Our church youth group held a dinner and silent auction last night to raise money to go to church camp this summer. I made three cakes to be auctioned and I do believe they were a big hit. A mother of one of my students at Mother’s Day Out got the last bid in a bidding war to win this cake. She sent me this fb message late last night:
We edged out Eddie in a bidding war for your triple chocolate cake & were not disappointed. It was so delicious, easily the best one I’ve ever eaten. We shared the love with all those around us & you received some rave reviews! Thanks for the awesome cake. We came home & shared the rest with our neighbors .
This is a great cake, plus it’s super easy to make. Folks are sure to love it!
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) large box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the ganache:
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate
To prepare ganache: In a heatproof bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream just to a boil. Immediately pour the cream over the chocolate and butter. Whisk until the melt and the mixture is smooth.
Pour the ganache over the top of the cake, allowing the ganache, to drip down the sides. Top with mini chocolate chips, if desired. Let the cake stand until the ganache is set, at least 15 minutes.