This is a great alternative to tacos (which our family loves!). I’m always looking for new mexican dishes because we love them so much. This is so easy and something everyone in the family will love. For those that aren’t veggie lovers, you can always make half with it all and half without.
Easy Taco Pizza
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans (I used the jalapeño kind)
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, chopped
- sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to the package directions.
- Unroll crescent rolls into rectangles. Place in ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Press dough over the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Bake at 375 oven for 11 to 13 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Microwave beans in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Carefully spread beans over warm crust creating a thin layer.
- Top with sour cream (if desired), cooked beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese followed by tomatoes, black olives and green onion. Return to oven for 3-6 more minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Makes 12 main dish servings or 48 appetizers.
(photo credit: What’s Cookin, Chicago?)