I ran across someone mentioning they are planning on making a praline pumpkin pie for Christmas and it sounded delicious! Since I have to make one more dreaded trip to the grocery store this week, I might as well get the makings for this scrumptious pie!
Praline Pumpkin Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9in)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in all remaining filling ingredients. Pour into pie shell. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all streusel ingredients until crumbly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake pie 35 minutes longer. Sprinkle streusel over pie. Bake about 10 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Store in refrigerator.