We had some friends bring this soup over for lunch last Sunday after church. Oh my word, it is just about the most delicious soup I’ve ever had. There wasn’t one drop left after lunch. I have a double batch on the stove as I type to take to two dear families tomorrow that have just had babies. I’m taking some oyster crackers and some yummy Five Layer Bars for dessert along with it.
Cajun Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- 1 package frozen Cajun Seasoning Blend (celery, onion, green pepper)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1-2 pounds raw peeled shrimp
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 larg (18 oz) can Campbell’s Select Potato with Roasted Garlic soup
- 1 can white whole kernel corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 tsp liquid concentrate shrimp and crab boil (on seasoning isle)
- black pepper to taste
Saute seasoning blend (celery, onion, green pepper) in the butter. Add cans of corn & simmer. Add shrimp and simmer. Add all soups, half and half, shrimp/crab boil, and black pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.