I had a Sunday School teacher that would make this every year when I was young. She always called it “Russian Tea.” The smell of it brings back such memories. This is a great mix to give as a gift during the holidays.
Deluxe Spiced Tea Mix Recipe
(Photo source: Taste of Home)
- 2 jars (21.1 ounces each) orange breakfast drink mix such as Tang
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (5 ounces) sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 1 jar (3 ounces) unsweetened instant tea
- 2-1/4 cups red-hot candies
- 2 teaspoons each ground allspice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
In an airtight container, combine all ingredients. Store in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 10 cups (about 120 servings).
To prepare tea: Dissolve 4 teaspoons mix in 1 cup boiling water; stir well. Yield: 1 serving. Makes 120 servings. To gift put in container and include preparation directions.