I made this for breakfast on this nice, snowy morning and it was perfect! Most recipes for this type of breakfast casserole call for cut up bread but I ran across this one that uses crescent rolls….Hello!! I always have at least one can of those in the fridge so I thought I’d give it a try. Loved it. The crescent rolls at so much flavor and texture to the casserole. Plus, it saves time on having to cut bread. And when you have a 4 month old, every second is precious time!
Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Printable Version: Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound Sausage (mild, Hot, Or A Mix Of Both), cooked
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 4 whole Large Eggs
- ½ cups Milk
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Pepper
1. Brown and drain sausage.
2. Unroll crescent rolls (keeping them in one large piece of dough) press unrolled dough into the bottom of a slightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
3. Spread sausage over dough.
4. Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
5. Beat remaining ingredients together and pour over sausage and cheese.
6. Bake at 425 for 15 min. Allow to stand for 5 minutes after removing from the oven.