A friend shared a link to this recipe on Facebook a while back and I just tried it….and love it! I cut the recipe in half because I didn’t have enough bananas on hand for the full recipe. It’s so easy and really delicious. I found myself snacking on it all throughout the day!
It would also make for a great gift (that’s what my friend mentioned she was going to do on facebook). You could make several mini-loaves from one batch and wrap them in cellophane and tie with decorative ribbon. A great, inexpensive gift for any time of the year!
Easy Banana Nut Bread
Printable Version: Easy Banana Nut Bread
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup butter or margarine
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups mashed over-ripe bananas
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and nuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.