This dish is very similar to King Ranch Chicken and until I moved to Arkansas, I hadn’t ever heard of “Mexican Chicken.” It took a friend of mine asking me what King Ranch Chicken was, and when I told her, she replied, “Oh, you mean Mexican Chicken!” I said, no, I mean King Ranch Chicken!! Anyway, the only difference is that she uses Doritos instead of tortillas. I like it both ways! I just always tend to make King Ranch Chicken ’cause that’s what I grew up with. Both are quite tasty!
Mexican Chicken Casserole
Printable Version: Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package Doritos
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can rotel (with juices)
- 1 small package of shredded cheese (I used the Mexi-Blend)
Crush Doritos in bag and spread in the bottom of baking dish. Mix soups, rotel, and chicken and pour over Doritos. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.