There’s only a few more days left of my Southern Living at Home online party, so I thought I’d go out with a bang! I’ve saved the best party food recipes for last!
For the longest time I wouldn’t touch anything that had jalapenos in it because I thought they were too hot. Boy, was I wrong. Jalapenos add such great flavor to all kinds of food (even pizza!). I have become a big fan, which is why I must share this awesome recipe! Perfect to serve at any party!!
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Recipe and picture courtesy: The Pioneer Woman
Printable Version: Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fresh Jalapenos (around 2 inches in size)
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Regular Bacon, sliced into thirds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise and remove all of the seeds. Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
- Wrap each jalapeno with a slice of bacon (1/3 regular slice). Secure bacon by sticking a toothpick through the middle of each jalapeno.
- Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. (You don’t want the bacon to shrink so much it starts to squeeze the filling out of the jalapeno) If after 25 minutes the bacon does not look cooked, turn your broiler on for a couple of minutes to cook the bacon (keep a close eye while you’re using the broiler!)
The taste best when served hot, but also taste good served at room temperature.