Title long enough for ya?! I was thinking I’d go with Brownie Delights, but why when you can have a title such as that!
The radio station that I listen to on the way to work every morning was talking about a dessert that McAlister’s serves. Since I was on my way out of the car all I heard was that they were looking for this recipe that had brownies with rice krispies and peanut butter on top. So, I emailed them and asked them what they were looking for and they said it was a brownie with a layer of icing in the middle and chocolate and peanut butter rice krispies on the top. I said, “I have to find this recipe!!” So, off to the web I went and found the recipe…..or at least something very close to what McAlister’s serves.
So, without further ado, Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Krispie-Topped Brownies (or Brownie Delights, if you must : )
PB & Marshmallow Krispie-Topped Brownies
Printable Version: PB & Marshmallow Krispie-Topped Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, baked as directed
- 4 cups small marshmallows
- 1 16oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Preheat oven to temperature directed on brownie package.
- Line the pan with foil (Parchment should work as well).
- Prepare brownies as directed on box. When you remove brownies from oven, promptly sprinkle marshmallows across top. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes to soften marshmallows. Remove from oven and spread soft marshmallows over top of brownies. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare topping. In a a saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir frequently until mixture is smooth. Add cereal and stir to coat. Drop spoonfuls of chocolate mixture over marshmallow layer, spreading as evenly as possible. Things will look gooey at this point, so don’t even think about cutting. Put the brownies in the refrigerator for at least a few hours to chill.
- Lift from pan and cut into squares.