These are my grandma Kikta’s famous cookie pops. Everyone in the family loves these cookies and we look forward to having these each holiday season! No one can make them quite like grandma, but I had to at least give it a try. I asked her if she would share her special recipe with me. Mostly because I want to be sure the recipe stays in the family….plus, I really love her cookie pops!
These cookie pops are fun to make, whatever your age! You can decorate them all kinds of ways, whether it’s with M&M’s, colored sugar, sprinkles, or covering them in chocolate!
Grandma Kikta’s Cookie Pops
Printable Version: Grandma Kikta’s Cookie Pops
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar well packed
- 1 cup of oleo (2 sticks) soften
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 40 wooden sticks
- 20 fun size milky way or snicker bars cut in half
- Heat oven to 375
- In large bowl combine first six ingredients; beat well
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Insert a stick into the cut side of each candy bar.
- Make 40 1 1/2 -inch balls (I use a 1 1/2 inch cookie dipper)
- Wrap a ball on each bar on a stick. Make sure the bar is completely covered.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. (about nine to a sheet). Bake for 13 to15 minutes until lightly brown.
- Cool 5 minutes remove from pan.
May be dipped in chocolate.
It is an easy receipe and the dough is easy to handle.