I apologize for being a little late in posting a Hershey’s recipe. I have been a little under the weather for the past few days. I am very thankful to have a great dr. and some great meds….because now I am feeling much, much better. I’m actually feeling human again and have been somewhere other than my bed or the sofa today : ) My husband knew I sick when we have had a Christmas tree that has gone untouched for 4 DAYS….that is NOT normal!! I am up and at ‘em, ready to go the day after Thanksgiving to go get our tree and decorate. It might be a little delayed, but I cannot wait to get started on my tree trimming and decorating for Christmas!
Without further delay, here’s our Hershey’s “Recipe of the Day” in celebration of the Hershey’s Giveaway I have going on this week……
Brownie Caramel Pecan Bars
Recipe & Photo Courtesy: Hershey’s
Printable Version: Brownie Caramel Pecan Bars
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CARAMEL TOPPING (recipe follows)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
2. Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Meanwhile, prepare CARAMEL TOPPING. Remove brownies from oven; immediately and carefully spread with caramel topping. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chips and pecans over topping; lightly press into topping. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, being careful not to disturb chips while soft. Lift out of pan; cut into bars. About 16 bars.
Remove wrappers from 25 caramel candies. Combine 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, caramels and 1 tablespoon milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. Microwave an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Use immediately.