Warning: Declaration of thesis_comment::start_lvl(&$output, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/justcra8/public_html/makelifedelicious.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/lib/classes/comments.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of thesis_comment::end_lvl(&$output, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/justcra8/public_html/makelifedelicious.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/lib/classes/comments.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of thesis_comment::start_el(&$output, $comment, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $current_object_id = 0) in /home/justcra8/public_html/makelifedelicious.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/lib/classes/comments.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of thesis_comment::end_el(&$output, $comment, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::end_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/justcra8/public_html/makelifedelicious.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/lib/classes/comments.php on line 0
Bacon-Wrapped Cracker Appetizer

Bacon-Wrapped Cracker Appetizer

by sunshine on December 6, 2008

I have seen this recipe many times and have yet to find or come up with a creative name for these!  I’ve hear them called Holiday Bacon Appetizers, Bacon Cheese Crackers, Bacon Crackers, you name it.  Whatever the name (or lack thereof) these things are great!  Another great dish to have during the holidays. Everyone is sure to love them…..whatever you decide to call them!

Bacon-Wrapped Cracker Appetizer

Recipe and picture courtesy: The Pioneer Woman

Printable Version: Bacon-Wrapped Appetizer

Ingredients:

• Club Crackers
  • Thin Sliced Bacon
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese (fresh or canned…I recommend fresh)

(You can also use brown sugar instead of parmesan cheese….I’ve never tried it but heard it is very good)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Lay crackers face up (as many as you want) on cookie sheet.

Scoop about 1 tsp. of grated parmesan cheese on to each cracker.

Cut your package of bacon in half and carefully (so cheese does not fall off), wrap each cracker with a slice of bacon, completely covering the cracker (it should fit snugly around the cracker).

Place the bacon-wrapped crackers on to a baking sheet that has a rack on it.

Place in 250 degree oven for about 2 hours.

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Akmed December 6, 2008 at 11:00 am

Thanks for this. http://makelifedelicious.com/ is now in my feed reader, I’ll keep and eye out for your next story. I like the layout of your site, nice and clean and easy to read. Thakns.

Kaye December 6, 2008 at 11:16 am

I’ve been wanting to try these deadly things! How about “Fat, Fat Bacon-Cracker Fat Wraps” for the name??? 😉 Off to the store for the ingredients! Thanks!

Sushi December 7, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Wow looks delicious i’m definitely going to try it

Adam December 10, 2008 at 4:40 pm

My aunt made these as an appetizer at Thanksgiving. They are absolutely AMAZING.

emilie December 7, 2009 at 1:27 am

Just tried these last night at a Holiday party…fantastic!! Can't wait to make them! So easy-my new go to appetizer to take to parties!!

Missy June 16, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I have made these with thin crunchy breadsticks, you wrap the bacon around then dredge them through the permesan. same idea, just a variation to try 🙂

MaryE September 15, 2012 at 2:26 pm

A friend shared this recipe with me and called them Dolly Madison’s. I never asked y. Her recipe also calls for rolling the bacon-wrapped cracker n Parmesan cheese.

Kay December 12, 2012 at 5:14 pm

My did not take 2 hours, I am afraid they would have burnt. They were perfect at an hour so it's a good idea to check on them around then the first time making them. 🙂

MissLa December 15, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I call anything wrapped in bacon "rumaki", whether it is water chestnuts, liver, etc! We didn't want to wait 2 hours so we did 375 for half an hour and they were great; however, I have never tried them at 200 degrees for 2 hours – maybe they are even better!

Nancy Lucy December 22, 2012 at 9:55 am

I have always heard them called "Bow Ties". My question is how to store them if cooked prior to serving? Anyone have an idea?

Linda February 23, 2013 at 8:58 am

you can freeze them in a sealed baggy…….saw it on The Pioneer Womans' show. I wanted to try them for the Holidays and didn't get the chance…..I'm baking them now……can't wait till they are done………doing the 2 hour version.

Gail March 16, 2014 at 2:45 pm

These are delicious. I had the ones with brown sugar. I can't wait to make them qwith parmesian cheese.