This is a fun little recipe to make with kids (and even adults!). It’s always fun to do some holiday baking whether it’s for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or the 4th of July! These are sure to be a hit!
Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
Recipe & Photo Courtesy: Betty Crocker
Printable Version: Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
- 1 pouch (1lb 1.5oz) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 container (12oz.) Betty Crocker Whipped Chocolate Frosting
- Candy Corn
- 1 tube Betty Crocker Yellow Decorating Gel
- Miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate baking bits (mini m&m’s)
- 1 tube Betty Crocker black decorating gel
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Frost and decorate 1 cookie at a time. After spreading frosting on cookie, add candy corn for feathers. Pope yellow icing for beak and feet. Add baking bits for eyes; pipe black gel for center of each eye.