This is one I look forward to trying very soon. It looks delicious! Of course, I love anything that’s Tex-Mex…and by reading the ingredients, I already know I’m going to love it.
Tex-Mex Chicken Pizza
Printable Version: Tex-Mex Chicken Pizza
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, or your favorite Crisco Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (10 oz.) prepared thin pizza crust
- 8 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Pickled jalapeno slices (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
Heat oven to 400°F.
Slice chicken breasts into thin slices. Roughly chop the slices to form small chunks.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chopped chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
Add taco seasoning and green chiles. Cook over medium heat until chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in salsa.
Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread with refried beans, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Top beans with half the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Top cheese with chicken mixture.
Top chicken with remaining cheese. Scatter red onion slices over cheese. Bake until crust is crisp and topping is bubbling and heated through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Top with cilantro. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Garnish with jalapeno slices and sour cream if desired.