Easy (I mean EASY) Meatloaf!

by sunshine on May 7, 2008

As a child, I did NOT like meatloaf. In fact, it was my least favorite thing to eat next to stuffed bell peppers (yuck!!). It wasn’t until just a year or so ago I would even LOOK at meatloaf. Then one day while shopping for groceries in the seasoning aisle, I ran across a meatloaf seasoning mix by McCormick and thought I would give it a try (knowing there would be no bell peppers in it since I would be the one making it : ) It is about the easiest meal I make and Keith and I love it. Most of the time I half the recipe so we won’t have a lot of leftovers and other times I’ll make it so Keith will have plenty of leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches (which he loves!). So here is the easiest recipe there is for a very delicious batch of meatloaf!

Easy (I mean EASY) Meatloaf
Recipe courtesy: McCormick.com

Printable Version: Easy (I mean easy!) Meatloaf

Ingredients:

• 1 pkg. McCormick Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix
  • 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I use Saltine crackers)
  • Ketchup or tomato sauce for topping

Directions:

Mix seasoning mix, ground beef or turkey, eggs, milk and bread/cracker crumbs in a large bowl.

Shape into a loaf.  Place loaf in a shallow baking pan or 9X5 loaf pan (I line mine with foil for easy clean up)

Top with ketchup or tomato sauce.

Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.

**A lot of times when I half the recipe I will still put the whole packet of seasoning in the meat. It really gives the meatloaf a great flavor. And of course, you can always put those nasty veggies like bell peppers or onions in yours : )

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

jmj November 10, 2008 at 3:33 pm

I use the same seasoning, but instead of ketchup, I use spicy chili tomatoes and add bell peppers, onions or celery. I have even added Liquid Smoke for a little bit of a change. You can add or subtract pretty much anything you like.

Sara March 9, 2009 at 6:43 pm

im trying this out tonight. Im all for the easy parts lol.

jrd March 15, 2009 at 7:31 pm

I use this same recipe but use 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 turkey sausage. The sausage flavor is great and cuts the fat.

Kristin April 29, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Meatloaf is a favorite of everyone in my home and so tonight I am trying this out.
Sounds like it will be a good one.

Jkunin May 19, 2009 at 4:43 pm

I have a mini-bread loaf pan that I think will be perfect for this. Thanks for the tip!

cubsfan7 June 24, 2009 at 11:31 am

I LOVE TO COOK! I'm alot better cooking on the grill outside! I got married this past November and my wife hates to cook and I have her fooled into thinking I'm an awesome cook. the other night she said she was hungry for meatloaf. i had never made a meatloaf in my life! But my Mom's meatloaf is the best ever but there are to many steps and i needed something quick and easy! So, I found this one and gave it a shot. My wife loved it!!! I just wanted to say thank you for helping me keep my new wife fooled into thinking I know what I'm doing. Thanks to you for helping me be a better cook in the kitchen insted of outside on the grill!!!

Margaret February 25, 2013 at 1:31 pm

If you like simple and easy recipes, I have one for Chicken Cordon Bleu. It requires:
4 boneless chicken breasts, 1- 8 0z of Sour Cream, 1- 10 1/2 oz can Campbell's Golden Mushroon Soup, 8 slices of Ham, 4 slices Swiss Cheese and fresh sauteed ,sliced mushrooms or canned if in a pinch. All you do is pound out the Chicken Breasts till thinned (not too thin though) Put 2 slices of Ham in the middle of the breast then top the ham with the cheese. Roll up and place seam down in a pan that has at least 1 inch sides. (you can use toothpicks to hold it together if needed)
Bake covered with foil at 350* for 25 minutes. While that bakes, mix the Sour Cream and Golden Cream of Mushroom Soup. After 25 minutes, remove foil and add the mushroom and Sour Cream mixture on top. Bake (without foil) for another 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. The sauce is excellent on mashed potatoes! Such a fancy name, yet so simple to make! :)

melodee April 19, 2010 at 11:11 am

i use oatmeal instead of crackers… try it!!

JDR March 3, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I use tomato paste and ketcup, with ketchup spread on top. I also scrub and slice in half baker potatoes and wedge hem around the edges of the dish, cut side snuggled next to the meatloaf. Yum!

janie July 22, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Use "Salsa" instead of ketchup, already has the peppers and onions in it …… mmmmm

DGK9164 July 23, 2011 at 10:16 am

Try using crushed, seasoned croutons instead of bread crumbs or crakers

Stuart September 6, 2011 at 10:48 am

Wow. This turned out PERFECT. My mother actually made this and we all loved it. And she's..well, not the best cook.

Angie October 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I have been craving meatloaf and I use McCormiks packets (Pulled Pork & Pot Roast) and it always turns out awesome so Im trying this tonight….thank you :)

beth November 10, 2011 at 11:35 am

Going to try this recipe out. I love meatloaf but mine always comes out bland tasting or dry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will be the recipe for me.

Beth November 14, 2011 at 7:45 am

My husband loved it. The best, easiest recipe every. THANKS.

vanessa December 19, 2011 at 2:03 am

i love meat loaf! my mom cooks it all the time.but i want to make it on my own.i add bell peppers and onions to it and it tasted great! for the 1st time. i made my own 1st meat loaf.
thank for this recipe.

Stephanie December 20, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I am makin this tonight for someone who loves meat loaf so I hope it turns out great!! **Oh and its my first time ever makin meat loaf!!:)

Erin August 1, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Do you cover it?

sunshine August 13, 2012 at 2:52 pm

No, you do not cover it.

Kristen August 24, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Ive been using the mcCormick meatloaf seasoning for years now and it is so good! On top of mine I put ketchup and brown sugar it is so good, I also mix I
n some sausage.

bethany October 25, 2012 at 10:18 am

this was soo good i could not beleive it!!!it was awesome gonna have it again tonight..yumm!!

Jessica October 9, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Thanks so much for recipe I am making this for my girls at work.